A. The Description of Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU)
This scholarship is a tuition assistance program given by Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta for freshmen candidates or new students in the academic year of 2017/2018 having academic achievements or non-academic achievements in the national or international level. The scholarship given is 1 year free tuition.
B. The criteria of Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU)
Achievements intended for this scholarship are winning the competition or contest in the academic or non-academic fields, such as:
- Olympic ( Social/ Science)
- Research and scientific paper
- Speech and Debate
- Art and Culture
- Delegation/ representative of Indonesia in international events
C. The study program for Achievement scholarship
This scholarship is given by Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta every year divided in three stages according to the admission schedule. This scholarship is for the study programs:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Economics Development (Islamic Banking and Finance)
- International Relations
- Governmental Studies
- Communication Sciences
- Law Studies
- Communication and Islamic Broadcasting
- Islamic Education
- Muamala (Islamic Banking and Finance)
- English Language Education
- Arabic Language Education
- Japanese Language Education
- Electromedical Engineering (D3)
- Manufacture and Automobile Mechanical Engineering (D3)
- Applied Accounting (D3)
D. The requirements of prospective recipients
- Graduates of SMA/SMK/MA/MAK in the year of 2016 or 2017
- Applicants has national or international achievements as evidenced by certificates
- Not receiving scholarships from other institutions.
E. How to apply
UMY students admitted during the academic year 2017/2018, who would like to apply for Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU), should:
- Fill-out a scholarship registration form
- Submit the filled-out registration form together with the following requirements:
- A certified copy of high school certificate.
- A certified copy of high school transcripts from semester 1 to 5.
- Two 3 x 4 cm black and white photographs
- a copy of certificates of academic and non-academic achievements (if available).
F. The sustainability of the scholarship
This scholarship can be extended if:
- The grade point (IP) in each semester during the study in UMY is 3, 00 for the study programs of social sciences and minimal grade point of 2, 75 for the study program of exact sciences.
- The scholarship recipients can show their achievements in the same level or higher at the same field of study during their study in UMY.