A. What is Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU)?
Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship is provided for applicants or admitted students of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY) of academic year 2016/2017 who possess national and international academic and non-academic achievements. This scholarship is provided for one year.
B. Criteria of Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU)
This scholarship is available for UMY students winning academic or non-academic competitions such as:
- The Olympics (Social/Sciences)
- Research and Scientific Writing
- Speech and Debate
- Arts and Cultures
- or being an Indonesian delegates in international events
C. Quota of Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship (BPU)
This scholarship is awarded to five students of UMY for the academic year 2016/2017 who enrolled in any of the following programs of the University:
- Islamic Studies (Bachelor’s Degree/S1)
- Islamic Communication and Counseling (S1)
- Islamic Economics and Finance (S1)
- Management (S1)
- Accounting (S1)
- Economics (S1)
- Law (S1)
- International Relations (S1)
- Governmental Studies (S1)
- Communication Sciences (S1)
- Civil Engineering (S1)
- Electrical Engineering (S1)
- Mechanical Engineering (S1)
- Information Technology (S1)
- Agrotechnology (S1)
- Agribusiness (S1)
- Nursing (S1)
- English Language Education (S1)
- Arabic Language Education (S1)
- Japanese Language Education (S1)
- Electromedical Technology (Associate Degree/D3)
- Automotive Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (D3)
- Applied Accounting (D3)
D. Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must be a recent high school graduate (2015 or 2016 graduate).
- Applicants must possess national or international achievement/s supported by certificates
- Applicants must not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
E. How to Apply?
Applicants, who would like to apply for Prestasi Unggulan UMY Scholarship, should:
- Fill-out a scholarship application form
- Submit the accomplished form together with the following required documents to the Student Admission Office of UMY:
- A certified copy of high school certificate.
- A certified copy of high school transcripts of semester 1 – 5.
- Two 3 x 4 cm black and white photographs
- A copy of achievement certificates
F. Scholarship Regulations
The scholarship will continuously be provided if the:
- Awardees gain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 for social science programs and 2.75 for exact/physical science programs in every semester.
- Awardees are able to obtain achievements of the same or higher field during their study at UMY.