A. What is Hafidz Muhammadiyah UMY Scholarship?
Hafidzh Muhammadiyah UMY Scholarship is available to the students of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY) for the academic year 2016/2017 who are able to memorize the Al-Quran. It is a full scholarship for four academic years where the grantees are evaluated each semester.
B. Quota of Hafidz Muhammadiyah UMY Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to fourteen students of UMY for the academic year 2016/2017 who are taking a degree on either of the following courses:
- Islamic Studies (Bachelor’s Degree/S1)
- Islamic Communication and Counseling (S1)
- Islamic Economics and Finance (S1)
- Management (S1)
- Accounting (S1)
- Economics (S1)
- Law (S1)
- International Relations (S1)
- Governmental Studies (S1)
- Communication Sciences (S1)
- Civil Engineering (S1)
- Electrical Engineering (S1)
- Mechanical Engineering (S1)
- Information Technology (S1)
- Agrotechnology (S1)
- Agribusiness (S1)
- Nursing (S1)
- English Language Education (S1)
- Arabic Language Education (S1)
- Japanese Language Education (S1)
- Electromedical Technology (Associate Degree/D3)
- Automotive Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (D3)
- Applied Accounting (D3)
C. Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must be a recent high school graduate (2015 or 2016 graduate)
- Applicants must be able to memorize at least 5 juz (equal sections) of AL-Qur’an proven by a certificate issued by an Institution.
- Applicants must not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
D. How to Apply?
Applicants, who would like apply for Hafidzh Muhammadiyah UMY Scholarship, must:
- Fill-out a scholarship registration form
- Submit the form and the following required documents to Student Admission Office of UMY:
- A certified copy of high school certificate.
- A certified copy of high school transcripts from semester 1 to 5.
- A copy of a certificate or an official letter from an institution stating that the applicants are able to memorize 5 juz (equal sections) of Al-Qur’an.
- Two 3 x 4 cm black and white photographs
- An official letter of a high school headmaster/principal stating the applicants’ achievements and a copy of certified certificate of academic and non-academic achievements.
E. Scholarship Regulations
The scholarship will continuously be provided if the:
- Awardees gain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 for social science programs and 2.75 for exact/physical science programs of each semester.
- Awardees who memorize 30 juz of Al Qur’an may maintain their memorization, and awardees who memorize less than 30 juz of Al-Qur’an may enhance their memorization.