A. What is Bidik Misi Scholarship?
Bidik Misi Scholarship is provided by Directorate General of Higher Education (Dikti) to students from an underprivileged family.
- Applicants must be an Indonesian citizen.
- Applicants must be a recent high school graduate (2016)
- Applicants must be a high school graduate in 2015 but have not yet acquired Bidik Misi scholarship from another higher education institution.
- Applicants must be 21 years old or younger.
- Applicants must be enrolled in one of the programs at UMY.
- Applicants must come from an underprivileged family proven by an official relief letter issued by a headman. The underprivileged family has either of the following economic status:
- The total income of both parents with permanent or freelance work is less than IDR 3,000,000/month in this recent year, or
- The total income of both parents when divided into the family members is less than IDR 750,000/month.
- The highest education attained by the applicants’ parents must be bachelor’s degree (S1) or D4.
- Applicants must possess an excellent academic record and are recommended by their high school headmaster/principal.
B. Quota of Hafidz Muhammadiyah UMY Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to 36 students of UMY for the academic year 2016/2017 enrolled in any of the following programs of UMY:
|No.||Departments||The number of Awardees|
|1||Agrotechnology (Regular Program)||5 awardees|
|2||International Relations (Regular Program)||5 awardees|
|3||Governmental Studies (Regular Program)||4 awardees|
|4||Communication Sciences (Regular Program)||4 awardees|
|5||Accounting (Regular Program)||4 awardees|
|6||Management (Regular Program)||5 awardees|
|7||Economics (Regular Program)||4 awardees|
|8||Law (Regular Program)||5 awardees|
C. Application Timelines
|Due date: June 25th, 2016||Online application due date: June 25th, 2016 at 11.59 p.m. (UTC +7)||Online application on www.bidikmisi.belmawa.ristekdikti.go.id|
|July 14th, 2016||Announcement of Phase I||The Announcement of phase I will be posted on www.umy.ac.id|
|July 18th and 19th, 2016 at 7.30 a.m. (UTC +7) (Applicants choose one of the two dates).||Phase II :
1. Data verification
2. Computer Based Test (CBT)
3. English proficiency test
4. Interview test
|Applicants verify required documents with the original documents at UMY.|
|July 21st, 2016||Announcement of Phase II||The Announcement of phase II will be posted on www.umy.ac.id|
|July 22nd – August 6th, 2016||Home Visit|
|August 11th, 2016||The announcement of the result.||The Announcement of the result will be posted on www.umy.ac.id|
|August 15th – 16th, 2016||Registration||Awardees register at UMY.|
|September 5th, 2016||A parent-teacher meeting||At Sportorium of UMY|
|September 6th – 8th, 2016||MATAF (Orientation Days)||At UMY|
|September 9th – 10th, 2016||OSDI (Islamic Study Orientation)||At UMY|
After passing the document selection, the applicants must verify the required documents at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta Jl. Lingkar Selatan Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul, Yogyakarta. The following are the required documents:
- A printed application card and form of Bidik Misi scholarship.
- Certified true copy of high school transcripts of semester 1 – 6.
- Certificate of high school graduation (Surat Keterangan lulus)
- Certified true copy of high school certificate.
- Certified true copy of the official results of the National General Secondary School.
- An official letter stating applicants’ achievement and class ranking, and certificates of academic and non-academic achievements.
- Parents’ income slip issued by the institution/ a headman/ a public figure.
- A relief letter (SKTM) issued by a headman/a public figure.
- Social Protection Card (KPS/BSM), if the applicants are a BSM holder.
- A copy of family card.
- A copy of the recent month electricity bill and/or building taxes (if available) of applicants’ parents.
- A picture of applicants’ house displaying the front, side, and inside view.
- A death certificate of parents for orphan applicants.