A. Description of Muhammadiyah Scholarship for Bachelor Medicine
Muhammadiyah Scholarship for Bachelor Medicine is a tuition assistance program given by Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta for the cadres of Muhammadiyah. This scholarship is given to new students of Muhammadiyah/Aisyiyah orphanage and Islamic boarding school of Muhammadiyah/Aisyiyah having high motivation and high academic competence but financially underprivileged. The scholarship is tuition given during study (SPP-educational financing donation, DPP-education development fund, living cost assistance, and research) to prospective freshmen of medical education and dental education study program of faculty of medicine and health science Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogtyakarta.
B. The requirements of prospective recipients
- Indonesian citizens
- Senior high school graduates of science program in the year of 2017, 2016, or 2015.
- The maximum education degree of parents/ guardians is bachelor or diploma 4.
- Having good academic potential
- Prospective recipients are not color blind.
- Financially underprivileged proven by a letter from the local village
- Foster child of Muhammadiyah/Aisyiyah orphanage and Islamic boarding school of Muhammadiyah/Aisyiyah
- Cadres of Muhammadiyah
C. How to register for Muhammadiyah Scholarship for Bachelor Medicine:
- Filling out the registration form of Muhammadiyah Scholarship for Bachelor Medicine issued by the admission bureau of UMY.
- Attaching a letter/ certificate from the orphanage/ Islamic boarding school stating that he/she has stayed there for 2 years minimally;
- Attaching a letter from branch leaders or Muhammadiyah regional leaders;
- Attaching a letter of willingness statement to serve in Muhammadiyah charities in the field of health all over Indonesia;
- Attaching a copy of legalized certificate of senior high school ( for the graduates of 2016 and 2015);
- Attaching a copy of legalized academic report of senior high school from grade 1 till 3 ( 6 semesters) ( for the graduates of 2016 and 2015);
- Attaching a copy of legalized academic report of senior high school from grade 1 till 3 ( 5 semesters) ( for the graduates of 2017);
- Attaching the certificate of achievements and other supporting documents of achievements ( if any);
- Attaching a copy of family card or a certificate of family tree;
- Submitting 2 latest black and white photographs of 3×4 ( The same photograph used in the certificate is highly recommended);
- The financially underprivileged letter from the village or district;
- The letter of parents’ salary from the work places or income certificate issued by the local village;
- The applicants who are orphans can attach a copy of parents’ death certificate issued by the local village;
- Attaching a profile or Muhammadiyah charity program developments by the local Muhammadiyah leadership;
- Photos of house or family residence from its front, outside and inside ( printed and sticked on the paper)