A. The description of Bidikmisi Scholarship
This scholarship is a tuition assistance program given by governance of Indonesia through directorate general for student affairs, ministry of research and technology cooperating with Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta for the financially underprivileged candidate students having good academic potential. This program has been conducted in UMY since 2012.
This tuition assistance program is given once the students are accepted in the university for 8 semesters for the bachelor degree. This scholarship is free educational tuition during the study in university. In addition, the scholarship recipients will also get pocket money assistance accepted once in three months.
B. The requirements of prospective recipients
- Indonesian citizens
- Graduates of SMA/SMK/MA/MAK in the year of 2017
- Graduates of SMA/SMK/MA/MAK in the year of 2016 who are not the recipients of Bidikmisi scholarship ( haven’t accepted Bidikmisi scholarship from other universities)
- Maximal age when register is 21 years old.
- Applicants choose one study program in UMY included in the quota of Bidikmisi program
- Financially underprivileged candidates with the following criteria:
- Parents’ gross income is Rp. 3.000.000,- every month. It includes all obtained income. For the informal income, the referred income is the average earnings per month in one year.
- Parents’ gross income is divided by the number of family resulted in Rp. 750.000 every month.
- The maximum education degree of parents/ guardians is bachelor or diploma 4.
- Having good academic potential and recommended by school
The registration of Bidikmisi via independent selection of private universities can be assessed online in the website of Bidikmisi (http://bidikmisi.belmawa.ristekdikti.go.id/)
After passing the documents selection, the applicants come to Univesitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta Jl. Lingkar Selatan Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul, Yogyakarta by bringing the following documents:
- The participant card and registration form of Bidikmisi program printed from the Bidikmisi system
- Original academic report and its copy from semester 1 to semester 6 legalized by the school principle
- Certificate of graduation
- Original certificate legalized by the school principle
- National final exam score and its copy legalized by the school principle
- Certificates of achievement and other supporting documents of achievements legalized by the school principle
- Certificate/ letter of parents’ income issued by the institutions/ the village head/ the village chief/ the community leaders
- SKTM (Surat Keterangan Tidak Mampu- letter proving than one’s underprivileged) that can be proven and issued by the village head/ the village chief/ the community leaders
- KPS/BSM ( Kartu pengaman sosial- social security card) if the applicants receive BSM
- A copy of family card or a certificate of family tree
- A copy of last electricity bill ( if there is electricity) and or PBB payment receipt ( If any) from the parents/guidance
- Photos of house or family residence from its front, outside and inside ( printed and sticked on the paper)
- The applicants who are orphans can attach a copy of parents’ death certificate issued by the local village;
D. The study program for Bidikmisi scholarship
This scholarship is for the study programs:
|3||International Relations (Regular Class)||4 students|
|4||Governmental Studies (Regular Class)||4 students|
|5||Communication Sciences||4 students|
|6||Accounting (Regular Class)||4 students|
|7||Management (Regular Class)||4 students|
|8||Economics Development (Islamic Banking and Finance)
|9||Law Studies (Regular Class)||4 students|
|10||English Language Education||2 students|